Verse Of The Week: No power in the sky above or in the earth below- indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us fron the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord ~Romans 8:39

I'm A Contestant

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Social Butterfly

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Blog Button" />

Lovely Readers

Reader Favorites

15.3.11

Quick Change


Do you have a pillow that needs sprucing up?
How about making a new cover for it.
Slip covers are soooo quick and easy to make.
To make it even quicker I used a tea towel. 
The edges were already hemmed so I just had to fold and sew.
Simple!


Supplies Needed:
  • Tea Towel
  • Thread
  • Sewing Machine

Here's the towel I started with.
 I love the ribbon trim and the coordinating fabric on the one end. 

Fold it in half and iron.

You will have a nice crease marking the middle.

Fold over one end so that it is 1/2" past the crease.

Fold over the other end so that it overlaps.

Sew down each edge.

Turn right side out.

 
I love that I can flip it to either side and get a little different look

The great thing is you can change it out any time you like.
I'm going to try to find tea towels for each holiday.
Then I can just change the cover instead of making a new pillow for evey holiday.
Another plus is that slip covers are sooo much easier to store than big pillows!

0 comments: