Verse Of The Week: No power in the sky above or in the earth below- indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us fron the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord ~Romans 8:39

I'm A Contestant

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Social Butterfly

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Blog Button" />

Lovely Readers

Reader Favorites

2.3.11

My Go To Gift



Need a quick gift? 
 Whip up this scarf super fast.

 Really, it will take15 minutes tops.


Supplies Needed:
  • Knit Fabric (doesn't fray so there's no hemming the edges) 
  • Scissors or Rotary Cutter
  • Elastic Sewing Thread (found by the regular elastic)
  • Sewing Machine
  • All Purpose Thread
First you are going to cut your fabric. What ever you want the length to be you need to start with double that. So if you want it to be 60" long you need to start with 120" long strip.
Cut 2 strips 60" long x 9" wide.


Put strips right side together and sew one end. Now you will have one super long strip of fabric!

Next thing I did was measure 2.5" to the right of the sewing machine needle. I put a piece of tape at the 2.5" mark so I sew a straight line :o)


Grab an empty bobbin and your elastic sewing thread.  You are going to hand wind your bobbin with the elastic.  Stretch it lightly as your winding. Stick it in your bobbin casing just like you normally do.


Now your ready to sew.  At the start you want to back stitch so it knots the threads.

Sew straight down using the tape as your guide.

Don't forget to back stitch at the end.
Repeat on the other long edge.
Doesn't get any easier (or quicker) than this!!!




7 comments:

Seams Inspired said...

Excellent! Thanks for sharing. Happy Wednesday! :o)

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

What a great idea! I was just reading about go-to gifts in BH&G magazine yesterday. This is so much better than their suggestions!

Julie said...

I can't wait to get to the fabric store! I've been wanting to make something like this for a while now. Have you ever seen the ones from The Pleated Poppy? She triple gathers them. They're SO much like this! I'm gonna give it a go! Thanks for sharing! I'm sure your friends LOVE you & your sewing SKILLZ :)

Cabubsmom said...

I love that and it looks so easy...even for me to make!!! Very cute :O)

http://cabubsmom3.blogspot.com/

southernscraps said...

Cute. Thanks for the tutorial.

Amber Branconier said...

this is such a great idea! thanks for sharing

abranconier.blogspot.com

Its Sew For You said...

I love this! I've been wanting a new scarf and love the ruffly look of this one :) THanks for sharing!