Verse Of The Week: No power in the sky above or in the earth below- indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us fron the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord ~Romans 8:39

I'm A Contestant

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Social Butterfly

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Blog Button" />

Lovely Readers

Reader Favorites

1.2.11

I {heart} P.F. Chang's




I love P.F. Chang's!
It is my favorite restaurant.
When we go there we always order the Chicken Lettuce Wraps (yum) and Wanton Soup.
The food is always wonderful!!!!
 One day I was craving Chicken Lettuce Wraps and we lived 2 hours away from the closest restaurant.
I was determined to have them so I googled chicken lettuce wraps.
I lucked out because the first recipe I tried was delicious and tasted a lot like P.F. Chang's.
Since then I have tweaked the recipe to my liking.
I think it's as close as you can get to the real thing!

Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
  • Vegetable oil
  • 1 can water chestnuts, minced
  • 1/2 onion, minced
  • 1 tsp garlic, minced
  • Iceberg lettuce
 Special Sauce:
  • 1/4 c sugar
  • 1/2 c water
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
  • 2 tbsp ketchup
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/8 tsp sesame oil
  • 1/2 tsp hot mustard
  • 1 tsp garlic
  • red chile paste to taste
Stir Fry Sauce:
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar

Make the stir fry sauce by mixing soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice wine vinegar together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Make the special sauce by dissolving sugar in warm water. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Put in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Add 3 tbsp oil to a pan. Once oil is hot add diced chicken. saute until white throughout. Add water chestnuts, onions, garlic. Add stir fry sauce and saute for 3 minutes.
Take pan away from heat.  Serve the chicken in lettuce cups with some special sauce on the side.


Doesn't it look so pretty in the lettuce cup?

Drizzle with some yummy sauce.


This can be a messy meal. I seem to always have sauce dripping on my hands.  For lunch the other day I warmed up the chicken in a bowl in the microwave. Poured some sauce on it. Then took a couple lettuce leaves and tore them up and put them in the bowl.  I tossed it all together and ate it.  It was delicious and I kept my hands clean and sauce free. Either way you will love this dish!!!!

7 comments:

The Paxton Family said...

oh my goodness! LOVE this post! MY husband and I ALWAYS get the lettuce wrap there! Can't wait to try it out! I'll let you know when I do! Thanks!

Lisa said...

Mmmm! This is going on the dinner menu. Thanks!

V said...

I know what we are having for dinner tonight. Thanks for the recipe!

MrsJenB said...

I have a confession: I've never had a lettuce wrap OR been to P.F. Chang's. I KNOW! It's scandalous. This looks really delicious, though! :-)

Visiting from Somewhat Simple

Michelle@Somedaycrafts said...

This sounds so so so good. i made lettuce wraps this week, but they weren't as good at PF CHangs. I'm going to have to try this recipe!!!

DANA said...

That is so great! And makes me hungry! I would love for you to come link up with me as well if you haven't stopped by yet! Best link each month gets prizes!

http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/02/strut-your-stuff-for-february-round-2.html

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)