Verse Of The Week: No power in the sky above or in the earth below- indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us fron the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord ~Romans 8:39

I'm A Contestant

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Social Butterfly

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Blog Button" />

Lovely Readers

Reader Favorites

4.1.11

Fill It Up Skirt



This is a fun little skirt to make!  The possibilities are endless!!!
Silk rose petals, pom poms, silk leaves, etc

For these skirts I used the Poof Skirt pattern.
For the outer fabric choose something sheer.  You can use organza, chiffon, tulle, etc.
After you gather the top of the skirt and pin it to the lining open a small hole to fill it up and the pin it shut.
These skirts are dry clean only!
If you give this a try please let me know.  I would love to see pictures!!!

The pom pom skirt is fun for bouncing :o)

*** If you want a seperate tutorial for this just let me know***

Here are the skirts that will be going up in my SHOP later this week.



I will also be taking custom orders for these skirts.  If you see something you like but want a different color just email me and we can work out the details.

12 comments:

Seams Inspired said...

Super cute, Nancy! Thanks for sharing. Happy Tuesday! :o)

Beth @ Sand To Pearl said...

Oh, now I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures but that's the type of skirt I made for a little friend's birthday party. I filled it with sequins and flowers. She loves wearing hers as dress up (which is a great compliment, since dress up clothes are what she wears normally)

she wears flowers said...

Fun! I love the idea of putting different things in the skirt. My mil has made these for my daughters but they all have rose petals and that does nothing for my girls. Pom-poms on the other hand...love it!

Shelley said...

Hay there~
I have awarded you with an award at http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com/2011/01/blogging-award.html.

Stop on by to check it out.
God Bless,
Shelley

The Tootsie Wootsie said...

This makes me wish i was having a girl! They are so fun and cute!

I nominated your blog for the trendy blog award!

to get it go to my blog at

www.tootsiewootsieboutique.blogspot.com

LambAround said...

What an adorable idea! I don't think I've ever seen a skirt like this before.

Meg said...

That is so adorable. I love it! What fun to use pompoms. Great ideas.

tawna6988 said...

Stopping by from today’s blog hop and am your newest follower. I hope that 1 of my blogs interests you too.

http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com
http://btrbb.blogspot.com
http://tawnassecret.blogspot.com

Thanks
Tawna

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy said...

so much fun!!! I made these for party favors for my daughters birthday one year. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays!

Mika said...

Really cool!
Hi, I'm following from the blog
hop. I'd love a follow back at
www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
Thanks,
Mika

Amy ~ The Crimson Beloved said...

I'd love to see this as a fill it yourself apron! Your daughter could get you to tie it on her as an apron and then with hand size slits near the waist she could place whatever into the skirt/apron she wanted that day. Then Mom can still empty it and wash it when it needed to be cleaned.

So, cute! Makes me wish my youngest wasn't almost 8.

Dixie Diva Deals said...

I LOVE this!!! You are so talented. I am your newest follower from the lamb around blog hop. Please visit me and follow if you get a chance - I would REALLY appreciate it! I am linking to a post about what Valentine's Day means to me now that I'm a mom and I'd love it if you could comment - thanks!! Divalicious Deals
Bridget