Verse Of The Week: No power in the sky above or in the earth below- indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us fron the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord ~Romans 8:39

I'm A Contestant

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Social Butterfly

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Follow by Email

Blog Button" />

Lovely Readers

Reader Favorites

24.1.11

Baby Dolls Need Diapers Too!




Aiyanna has always loved her baby dolls.  She used to love to undress them. Whenever she got a new baby the first thing she would do is strip their clothes off.  Now though, she brings me her babies and ask for help dressing them.  Her Baby Alive had a disposable diaper that had seen better days. The sticky tabs weren't sticky any more. I had add double side tape to the tabs which pulled the daipers apart when she was changing the baby doll.  It was time for new diapers.  So I thought I would just make some.  It also gave me a chance to use up some more scraps. For these diapers I used scraps of t-shirts left over from other projects.  It worked great and gives the diapers some stretch. 

Supplies Needed:
  • Scrap fabric
  • Velcro
  • Scissors
  • Thread
  • Sewing machine
  • Diaper template (at the end of this post)

From fabric cut 2 pieces.  One for outside and one for the lining.

Lay one piece on top of the other. Make sure right sides are facing.  If you are using t-shirt (knit) fabric make sure to pin it and use a little bit longer stitch length to prevent the fabric from stretching out of shape.

Sew, leaving a 1"opening. Make sure to back stitch on each side of the opening.

Clip all of the curves.


Turn right side out and iron.

Top stitch 1/8" from the edge.

Cut one piece of  loop side velcro 5" long.
Cut two pieces of hook side velcro 1" long.
I trimmed the ends of the velcro so they were rounded.

On the short end of the diaper put the long piece of velcro on the outside.
Sew, using a zigzag stitch.

On the longer end of the diaper sew the two short pieces of velcro to the inside.

That's it!!!
Here's the diaper stash.


Don't you love the pink velcro?! I got it at Joann's.


And of course if you make diapers you need wipes to go with them.





7 comments:

CraftyBrit said...

Love the diapers, how fun! Just wanted to let you know you won the Ador-A-Bows Giveaway :) I need your e-mail address so she can get in contact with you! Congrats!

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

Beautiful! I have a doll diaper pattern in my notebook of ideas that I want to bring to life, but it never occurred to me to make them so dang beautiful! Way to go!

Brooke Douglass said...

oooo my girls will love these!!! Thank u. I am your newest follower please follow back. Brooke
brookedouglass@yahoo.com
Girl Boy Girl Inspired

Annie said...

This is something I will have to make! We go through far to many disposables with Baby Alive!
I'll be back!!
Annie

The Paxton Family said...

LOVE all the colors! And that pink velcro really is to die for! cute post, as always ;-)

Sachiko said...

How adorable! I think my daughter can use some of those. Thank you for the tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Do the wipes actually come out? Adorable!